• GBM Minutes- October 14, 2012
• As usual, the requirements for becoming an official ARC member are 8 service hours throughout the year and the $5 dues!
• Congratulations to our new Freshman Representatives Andrew Wilkison and Katie Linek and our new Hub Club Committee Coordinator Jelena Belenzada.
• Remember this Saturday, October 20, there is the Disaster Services Overview Class. You need to take this class if you want to take any higher level disaster relief classes or if you want to want to become a disaster relief instructor. Email email@example.com for more information or if you want a ride! Check out the email from Monday for detail instructions for registering for classes.
• Some other exciting emergency services classes coming up include: Disaster Action Team Orientation (10/23), Emergency Response Vehicle: Ready, Set, Roll (10/27), Psychological First Aid (10/30), and Disaster Fundraising (11/2). Again, email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
• Chili’s Give Back Night is scheduled for Thursday, November 8th!
• The homecoming blood drive is NEXT week! To sign up to give blood go to Redcrossblood.org and enter the sponsor code, vandy19. Go ahead and make an appointment! The hours are Monday, 11-4; Tuesday, 10-4; and Wednesday 10-4. If you don’t want to give blood, you can still help out by volunteering to publicize on the wall or volunteer at the actual event!
• Don’t want to/can’t give blood? You can still help! Here are links to two opportunities to volunteer with the blood drive:
o On The Wall October 18 and 19: https://docs.google.com/a/vanderbilt.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnEaEbGIrblHdFRwTFcwMUhQVHQ2SG5IUU8wQnVrU2c#gid=0
o At The Blood Drive October 22, 23 and 24: https://docs.google.com/a/vanderbilt.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnEaEbGIrblHdEdSZTZJM2NUanpoZUE4eEIySVNWMUE#gid=0
• Join us in our monthly service opportunity – Families First at the Kennedy Center! Play with children with autism and their siblings while their parents are at information sessions! It is October 27 from 8:30 am to 12 pm. Email email@example.com to learn how to be eligible for this great service opportunity!
• Volunteer at the Blood Bash! It is Saturday, October 27th at the Standard at the Smith House Downtown. There are three two-hour shifts: 8-10 pm, 10-12 am, and 12 am- 2am. Rides provided! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested!
• We had a lot of fun making Holiday Cards for Heroes! Come to the November 11th GBM to help sort them!
• Join the American Red Cross at Vanderbilt Relay for Life team! Visit relayforlife.org/vandy to sign up and start fundraising.
• Want to get more involved with Vandy ARC? Join the Fundraising Committee (Jaclyn.email@example.com) or the PR Squad (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
• Our next General Body Meeting will be October 28 at 6pm in Buttrick 206. See you then!
- ERROR: Tried to load source page, but remote server reported "403 Forbidden".